Mongolian Beef from the Slow Cooker
Quick and easy freezer slow cooker meal.
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- cook: 2 hrs
- additional: 1 day
- total: 1 day 2 hrs 5 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients for Mongolian Beef from the Slow Cooker
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 ½ pounds beef flank steak
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
Directions for Mongolian Beef from the Slow Cooker
- Spread cornstarch into a wide, shallow bowl. Dredge flank steak in the cornstarch to coat completely; put into a large resealable plastic bag.
- Stir water, soy sauce, brown sugar, carrots, green onions, olive oil, garlic, and ginger together in a bowl; pour into the bag with the beef and seal.
- Put bag of marinating beef in the freezer until the day before you wish to prepare it.
- Remove bag from freezer and put bag into a bowl and place in refrigerator to thaw, at least 24 hours before you wish to prepare the beef.
- Empty bag into the crock of a slow cooker.
- Cook on High until the beef is tender, 2 to 3 hours. Alternately, you can cook this on Low for 4 to 5 hours.
Though this recipe is designed to provide an easy mid-week meal from your freezer, you can also skip the freezer and put it in the slow cooker straightaway.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
320 calories; protein 15.7g; carbohydrates 36.3g; fat 12.7g; cholesterol 35.6mg; sodium 1856.7mg.