Air Fryer Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Fried chicken without the fry thanks to the air fryer!
Fried chicken is a type of food that is loved by many people around the world. The reason for its popularity is a mix of great taste and its quick cooking time. The other reason why people love fried chicken is because of the different ways it can be cooked.
In this recipe, you will learn how to make air fryer buttermilk fried chicken. This is a dish that is fast and easy to make. It uses ingredients like buttermilk and chicken that are easy to find. This is a delicious dish that you are sure to enjoy.
Why We Love the Buttermilk Fried Chicken Air Fryer Recipe
Air fryer buttermilk fried chicken is a delicious dish that is surprisingly easy to make. It’s great for a family meal, but it’s also perfect for sharing with friends. This dish is perfect for people who are looking for a new way to cook chicken.
Air fryers have taken over the kitchen with their speed and ease. Air fryer buttermilk fried chicken is one of the best dishes to make using an air fryer. The chicken is tender and delicious. This article will cover the ingredients for air fryer buttermilk fried chicken and the steps you need to prepare and cook it.
We hope you love this dish as much as we do. If you do like it then make sure to share it this recipe with friends and family so that they can enjoy it too!
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- cook: 30 minutes
- additional: 4 hrs
- total: 4 hrs 35 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients for Air Fryer Buttermilk Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- ½ tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 serving cooking spray
Directions for Air Fryer Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- Place chicken thighs in a shallow casserole dish. Pour buttermilk over chicken and refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat an air fryer to 380 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix flour, seasoned salt, and pepper in a large gallon-sized resealable bag. Dredge chicken thighs in seasoned flour. Dip back into the buttermilk, then coat with panko bread crumbs.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange 1/2 of the chicken thighs in the basket, making sure none are touching. Spray the top of each chicken thigh with cooking spray.
- Cook in the preheated air fryer for 15 minutes. Flip. Spray tops of chicken again. Cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 10 more minutes.
- An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Repeat with remaining chicken.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
335 calories; protein 24.5g; carbohydrates 33.2g; fat 12.8g; cholesterol 67.1mg; sodium 687.2mg.