Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
Cook taquitos in an air fryer for a fast, healthy dinner. Using shredded rotisserie chicken saves time, but you can also use home-cooked chicken. Serve with sour cream, Mexican tomato sauce, and guacamole, or choose your favorite sides.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- cook: 20 minutes
- total: 35 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Yield: 6 taquitos
Ingredients for Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chiles (such as Ortega®)
- 2 tablespoons Mexican-style hot tomato sauce (such as El Pato®)
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons Neufchâtel cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 6 each corn tortillas
- avocado oil cooking spray
Directions for Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook until soft and translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add green chiles and Mexican tomato sauce; stir to combine. Add shredded chicken, Mexican cheese blend, and Neufchâtel cheese. Cook and stir until cheeses have melted and mixture is warmed through, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat tortillas in a skillet or directly on the grates of a gas stove until soft and pliable. Place 3 tablespoons of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold over and roll into taquitos.
- Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place taquitos in a single layer in the air fryer basket, making sure they are not touching, and mist with avocado oil. Cook until golden brown, 6 to 9 minutes. Turn taquitos over, mist with avocado oil, and air fry until crispy, 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
174 calories; protein 10.3g; carbohydrates 12.9g; fat 9.2g; cholesterol 32.6mg; sodium 216.6mg.