Air Fryer Chicken Thigh Schnitzel
I find chicken thighs to be more flavorful than chicken breasts, and this schnitzel is a perfect example. Not only is it delicious, it is also cooked in the air fryer, making it lower in calories, oil free, and grease free.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- cook: 10 minutes
- total: 25 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients for Air Fryer Chicken Thigh Schnitzel
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- avocado oil cooking spray
Directions for Air Fryer Chicken Thigh Schnitzel
- Place chicken thighs, 1 at a time, between 2 sheets of parchment paper and flatten with a mallet.
- Combine bread crumbs, salt, and black pepper in a shallow bowl. Place flour in a separate shallow bowl and beaten egg in a third shallow bowl. Dip chicken thighs first in flour, then in beaten egg, and finally coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Preheat an air fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place breaded thighs in the air fryer basket, making sure they are not touching; work in batches if necessary. Mist with avocado oil and cook for 6 minutes. Flip each thigh, mist with oil, and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
293 calories; protein 23.6g; carbohydrates 16.5g; fat 14g; cholesterol 117.3mg; sodium 926.8mg.