Air Fryer Lobster Tails with Lemon-Garlic Butter
Air fry lobster tails for an elegant meal at home. Don’t wait for your next Maine vacation to indulge in lobster tails! You can enjoy meaty lobster tails at home — cooked in your air fryer — with a lemon-garlic butter sauce.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- cook: 10 minutes
- total: 20 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Yield: 2 lobster tails
Ingredients for Air Fryer Lobster Tails with Lemon-Garlic Butter
- 2 (4 ounce) lobster tails
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 wedges lemon
Directions for Air Fryer Lobster Tails with Lemon-Garlic Butter
- Preheat an air fryer to 380 degrees F (195 degrees C).
- Butterfly lobster tails by cutting lengthwise through the centers of the hard top shells and meat with kitchen shears.
- Cut to, but not through, the bottoms of the shells. Spread tail halves apart. Place tails in the air fryer basket with lobster meat facing up.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add lemon zest and garlic; heat until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer 2 tablespoons of butter mixture to a small bowl and brush onto lobster tails; discard any remaining brushed butter to avoid contamination from uncooked lobster. Season lobster with salt and pepper.
- Cook in the preheated air fryer until lobster meat is opaque, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Spoon reserved butter from the saucepan over lobster meat. Top with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
You can use frozen lobster tails, just thaw them first before proceeding with instructions.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
313 calories; protein 18.1g; carbohydrates 3.3g; fat 25.8g; cholesterol 128.7mg; sodium 590.4mg.