Air Fryer Nachos
Nachos in the air fryer are an awesome, quick, and easy snack, that’s totally customizable. The sky’s the limit on your ingredient choices, so feel free to make substitutions to suit your tastes. And they can be turned into a main course by adding some protein like shrimp or chicken for a complete meal.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook: 5 minutes
- Total: 15 minutes
- Servings: 2
Ingredients for Air Fryer Nachos
- Cooking spray
- 2 ½ ounces thin corn tortilla chips
- ½ teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 ¼ cups shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon sliced black olives
- 6 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
Directions for Air Fryer Nachos
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C) for about 3 minutes. Line air fryer basket with foil or a parchment liner, and spray with cooking spray.
- Spread out chips in the fryer basket in a single layer, slightly overlapping chips, so the cheese doesn’t melt through. Lightly dust chips with taco seasoning to get a pop of taco flavor, and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Don’t overcrowd the basket.
- Top cheese with olives and tomatoes and place basket in the air fryer.
- Air-fry until cheese is melted and chips are starting to slightly brown on the edges, 5 to 6 minutes. Watch closely to be sure the cheese doesn’t burn. If necessary, add additional time until you reach your preferred crispness.
- Move nachos to a plate, garnish with chopped cilantro, and serve immediately.
Use whatever kind of cheese you prefer. Don’t overload the tortilla chips to avoid soggy nachos.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
516 calories; fat 35.4g; cholesterol 88.4mg; sodium 746.2mg; carbohydrates 29.3g; protein 20.9g.