Air Fryer Tilapia with Fresh Lemon Pepper
Although this fish is low carb and light, you won’t be sacrificing flavor. Using fresh lemon pepper really kicks up the flavor of mild tilapia.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- Total: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Yield: 4 tilapia fillets
Ingredients for Air Fryer Tilapia with Fresh Lemon Pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarsely ground black peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch paprika
- cooking spray
- 1 sprig parsley, chopped, or more to taste
- 4 wedges lemon
Directions for Air Fryer Tilapia with Fresh Lemon Pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 3 minutes.
- While fryer is preheating, rinse tilapia fillets and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Combine lemon zest, olive oil, pepper, salt, and garlic in a bowl. Rub spice mixture over the tilapia. Sprinkle lightly with paprika. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and place the filets inside, coated side up.
- Air fry until fish can be flaked with a fork, 7 to 10 minutes. Do not crowd the fish filets; you may need to fry a second batch, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Remove tilapia to a plate, garnish with chopped parsley, and serve with lemon wedges.
All air fryers cook differently, and timing will also depend on the thickness of your filets.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
239 calories; protein 35.1g; carbohydrates 3.4g; fat 9.2g; cholesterol 61.6mg; sodium 371.5mg.