Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie (without the guilt)
Hello friends, welcome to Slow Cook Recipe. Today we are going to make Chicken Pot Pie Slow Cooker Recipe.
Simplify pot pie by using your Crockpot recipe! Make this delicious chicken pot pie slow cooker recipe with the minimal effort. Great dinner for the busy weeknight!
Chicken Pot Pie might just be one of the best American dishes. It combines everything that makes American cuisine so tasty, including salt and fat and sugar, along with a few spices. The only problem is that it is usually very fattening. This recipe solves that problem. It is based on a slow cooker recipe and uses lean chicken and skips the heavy cream to reduce the fat content.
Chicken Pot Pie is a favourite dish throughout the United States, but it’s especially popular in the northern and midwest sections. In many areas, it’s considered an inexpensive meal that’s warm and filling. This is a slow cooker chicken pot pie recipe with a delicious and easy chicken pot pie sauce.
Why the Chicken Pot Pie is Perfect with the Slow Cooker
By using the slow cooker we can whip up the perfect chicken pot pie that is both tasty and healthy. Cook this delicious slow cooker chicken pot pie recipe in your Crock Pot slow cooker and your whole family will love it.
Chicken Pot Pie Slow Cooker can be made by anyone. All you need is a slow cooker and some time. The ingredients and flavor of the pot pie can be adjusted to your taste and you can have a different meal every day of the week.
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 4 hours
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 469kcal
Ingredients for Chicken Pot Pie Slow Cooker Recipe
- 4 skinless chicken breasts boneless
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped carrots
- 3 oz of refrigerated biscuits 8 count
- 1 1/2 cups of celery sliced
- 1/4 cup of chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 8 oz of chicken stock
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 21 oz cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups of peas frozen
- 1 1/2 cup of corn frozen
Instructions for Chicken Pot Pie Slow Cooker Recipe
- First of all, place the chicken breasts in the large slow cooker. Add carrots, onion, celery, parsley, oregano, salt, paprika, and pepper. Pour the chicken stock & chicken soup over the top. Stir the mixture on top of the chicken, cover crock pot & set to the cook for about 8 hours on low or for about 4 hours on high heat.
- After that, thirty minutes before the cook time is up, remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker and place on the cutting board. Shred the meat using two forks & return shredded meat to the crock pot. Add peas & corn, mix well, and let cook for the remaining 25-30 minutes.
- In the end, bake the biscuits in oven according to the package directions & serve one on top of the each serving!
Notes for Chicken Pot Pie Slow Cooker Recipe
- For the thicker end result, either cut the amount of the stock used in half or omit it entirely.
- Chicken broth & chicken stock can be used interchangeably in this slow cooker recipe.
- If you have time, I always recommend you to go LOW and SLOW!
- Add the poultry seasoning to the chicken before placing it into crock pot for an extra punch of the flavor.
- I did not use the heavy cream in this recipe in order to keep it on healthy side. For the creamier recipe, add 1/2 to 1 cup of the heavy whipping cream at the same time the peas & corn are added.
- Replace the peas & corn with the different frozen veggies, if desired!
- Use the chicken thighs in place of the breasts (go boneless!) if you are wanting more of the dark meat pot pie.
Nutrition value for Chicken Pot Pie Slow Cooker Recipe per serving
- Calories: 468kcal
- Carbohydrates: 52g
- Protein: 34g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Sodium: 1286mg
- Potassium: 1328mg
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 14g
- Vitamin A: 5002IU
- Vitamin C: 18mg
- Calcium: 72mg
- Iron: 4mg
Thanks for visiting slowcookrecipe.com