Hello friends, welcome to Slow Cook Recipe. Today we are going to make Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings.
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation Time: 0 hours 10 mins
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 mins
Ingredients for Crock-Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/4 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt, Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (10.5-oz.) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 c. frozen peas, thawed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16.3-oz.) can refrigerated biscuits
Directions for Crock-Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Scatter onion in the bottom of a large slow cooker then top with chicken. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Pour soup and broth over chicken, then add thyme and bay leaf. Cover and cook on High until the chicken is cooked through, about 3 hours.
- Discard thyme and bay leaf, then shred chicken with two forks. Stir in celery, carrots, peas, and garlic. Cut or tear biscuits into small bite-sized pieces then stir into chicken mixture. Spoon liquid over any biscuits at the top.
- Cook on High until vegetables are tender and biscuits are cooked through, stirring every 30 minutes, about 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes more.
- Q: Is there anything more comforting than chicken & dumplings?
- A: Nope!
- How do you make chicken & dumplings in a slow cooker?
- This recipe is broken down into two parts: cooking chicken and cooking biscuits. First, you lay boneless skinless chicken breasts over a bed of onion in your slow cooker, then pour cream of chicken soup and chicken broth on top. Once the chicken is cooked, it’s time to add the vegetables and biscuits. That’s it.
- Why does this recipe use cream of chicken soup?
- Nothing quite beats the creamy texture and savory flavor of cream of chicken soup. You can absolutely make your own copycat recipe from scratch, but we lean on the canned stuff for convenience here.
- How do the biscuits cook in the slow cooker?
- So first you cook the chicken mixture, and then for the last hour you cook the biscuits. The heat in the slow cooker will help the biscuits rise and “bake”. They’ll need a lot longer in the slow cooker though—about an hour to be fully cooked through.
- Can I use dumpling dough from scratch?
- Absolutely! We use refrigerated canned biscuits here for convenience, but we can only imagine what this recipe would taste like with our perfect flaky biscuits.
Thanks for visiting slowcookrecipe.com
Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe.
slow cook recipe
slow cook recipe