Easy Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
Coconut shrimp come out great in the air fryer, and are served with a simple spicy honey-lime dip.
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- cook: 15 minutes
- total:45 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients for Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
- 12 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- cooking spray
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 serrano chile, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions for Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Stir together flour and pepper in shallow dish. Lightly beat eggs in a second shallow dish. Stir together coconut and panko in a third shallow dish.
- Hold each shrimp by the tail, dredge in flour mixture, and shake off excess. Then dip floured shrimp in egg, and allow any excess to drip off.
- Finally, dredge in coconut mixture, pressing to adhere. Place on a plate. Coat shrimp well with cooking spray.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place 1/2 the shrimp in the air fryer and cook about 3 minutes.
- Turn shrimp over and continue cooking until golden, about 3 minutes more. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Meanwhile, whisk together honey, lime juice, and serrano chile in small bowl for the dip.
- Sprinkle fried shrimp with cilantro and serve with dip.
You can substitute the serrano chile with 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper.
This recipe calls for about 24 shrimp.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
236 calories; protein 13.8g; carbohydrates 27.6g; fat 9.1g; cholesterol 147.1mg; sodium 316.4mg.