Easy Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
Easy, creamy slow cooker chicken and dumplings made from refrigerator biscuits, cooked to comfort food perfection.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- cook: 5 hrs
- total: 5 hrs 20 minutes
- Servings: 8
Ingredients for Easy Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- ¼ cup water, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can reduced-fat condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can reduced-fat condensed cream of chicken soup
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
Directions for Easy Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- Whisk water, poultry seasoning, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl; add chicken to the bowl and turn to coat.
- Pour 1/2 of the chicken broth into a slow cooker; add chicken and poultry seasoning mixture. Layer onion, carrots, and celery, respectively, over chicken.
- Dot butter over vegetables; pour both condensed soups and remaining broth over vegetables, then sprinkle rosemary on top.
- Cook on High for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks; return chicken to slow cooker.
- Add biscuit dough pieces to the chicken mixture. Cook on High for 1 1/2 hours.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
270 calories; protein 16.1g; carbohydrates 27.3g; fat 10.6g; cholesterol 43.9mg; sodium 755.3mg.