Lamb Osso Buco Slow-Cooked Recipe
We have a real treat for you today, it’s a really tasty recipe by Slow Cook Recipe, today we will be showing you how to make Lamb Osso Buco Slow-Cooked Recipe.
There are two tricks to this lamb osso buco recipe: browning the lamb shanks before they go into the slow cooker and reducing the sauce before serving. The result is an osso buco you’d be hard-pressed to distinguish from the labor-intensive classic.
Why We Love It
The Lamb Osso Buco Slow-Cooked Recipe has a special place in our hearts. We love all of the delicious recipes that we add to Slow Cook Recipe, but this recipe is special. Make sure to rate this recipe after you try cooking it!
If you enjoy mouth watering lamb recipe, then this is the ideal recipe for you to try out for your next meal. Whether you’re serving it as an appetizer or a main course, this dish is sure to make a lasting impression.
We want to hear your thoughts on the Lamb Osso Buco Slow-Cooked Recipe recipe. Don’t be shy! Make sure to leave a rating for it below. Sharing your review of recipes is a great help to others.
What to do with leftovers?
If you have leftovers of this recipe, you can store it in the fridge for up to four days. Simply place the leftovers in an airtight container and pop it in the fridge. When you’re ready to eat it again, simply reheat it in the microwave or on the stove.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hrs 20 mins
- Total Time: 6 hrs 35 mins
- Servings: 4
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ pounds lamb shanks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed
How to Make Lamb Osso Buco Slow-Cooked Recipe
- Put flour into a shallow wide bowl. Season lamb shanks with salt and pepper; dredge through flour until coated, shaking off any excess flour.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; add butter and heat until foaming. Cook lamb shanks in hot butter until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer lamb shanks to a slow cooker.
- Pour wine into the skillet and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon; transfer to the slow cooker. Add tomatoes with their juice, onion, chicken broth, celery, and thyme leaves to the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low until lamb is very tender and almost falling off the bone, 6 to 8 hours. Transfer lamb shanks to a platter and cover with aluminum foil.
- Transfer sauce in the slow cooker to a large skillet; simmer over high heat until sauce is reduced to about 2 cups, 10 to 15 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper.
The nutritional content per serving is as follows:
- 479 Calories
- 20g Fat
- 23g Carbs
- 37g Protein
Have fun with the recipe and add your own twist to make it more more unique. Make sure to share this Lamb Osso Buco Slow-Cooked Recipe recipe with your friends and family, they will be sure to appreciate it.
If you enjoyed the Lamb Osso Buco Slow-Cooked Recipe recipe, then make sure to subscribe to our mailing list to get notified when we post fun new recipes.
You can also check out more inspiring recipes by Slow Cook Recipe, using the links below.