Pulled Pork Tacos Recipe
Juicy pulled pork tacos piled with pickled red onions, avocado chunks, cheese, and fresh cilantro. Now that’s what I call taco night!
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hrs
- Total Time: 6 hrs 15 minutes
- Servings: 6 (with leftover pork)
Ingredients for Pulled Pork
- 4½ pounds pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 orange, juiced
- Pickled red onion
- Goat cheese
- Chopped cilantro
Instructions for Pulled Pork Tacos
- In a small bowl, mix the paprika, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper together.
- Spices in a bowl for slow cooker pulled pork
- Place the diced onion, garlic and orange juice in your slow cooker.
- A slow cooker with onions for pulled pork
- Trim all excess fat from the pork shoulder, then rub the spice mixture generously around the entire pork shoulder and place in the slow cooker. Turn your slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours.
- A slow cooker with pork in it.
- Once your pork is fully cooked, remove it from the slow cooker to a plate or cutting board and use two forks to shred the pork.
- A plate of pulled pork
- Assemble your tacos by placing a portion of warmed pulled pork, a few slices of onion, cheese, and cilantro on top of each tortilla.
- A plate with two pulled pork tacos
Calories: 547kcal, Carbohydrates: 48g, Protein: 43g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 138mg, Sodium: 824mg, Potassium: 1053mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 21g, Vitamin A: 1290IU, Vitamin C: 88.8mg, Calcium: 80mg, Iron: 3.9mg
Course: Main Course