Quick and Easy Air Fryer Nachos
Air-frying nachos is quick, easy, and finger-licking good. This is a basic recipe, so make it your own by using your favorite toppings and cheese, just not so many that the nachos end up soggy.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook: 8 minutes
- Total: 18 minutes
- Servings: 4
Ingredients for Quick and Easy Air Fryer Nachos
- Cooking spray
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (Optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 ounces thin corn tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ (15.25 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ⅓ cup salsa, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- ⅓ cup sour cream, or more to taste
Directions for Quick and Easy Air Fryer Nachos
- Preheat the air fryer at 360 degrees F (182 degrees C) for about 5 minutes. Line the air fryer basket with foil or a parchment liner, and spray with cooking spray.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat and cook ground beef until browned and crumbly, about 3 minutes; drain grease. Stir in water, taco seasoning, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Remove skillet from heat.
- Set tortilla chips in the basket, spreading them out and overlapping slightly so the melted cheese won’t drip through the open gaps. Evenly sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the chips. Only add a couple of layers of chips with cheese in between in the fryer basket, or just add a single layer and cook in batches.
- Evenly distribute ground beef and black beans over the cheese, sprinkle green onions on top, and add spoonfuls of salsa.
- Transfer the basket into the air fryer and cook until cheese is melted and starting to slightly brown on the edges, 4 to 6 minutes. The nachos will cook evenly and quickly but watch closely so they don’t burn.
- Remove nachos to a serving plate, garnish with sour cream, and serve immediately. Put extra toppings in small bowls and let everybody customize their nachos.
Use plain or flavored tortilla chips. We particularly like ranch-flavored chips for this recipe.
Cooking time may vary depending on the size and brand of your air fryer.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
578 calories; fat 34g; cholesterol 102.8mg; sodium 938.8mg; carbohydrates 35.9g; protein 33.2g.