Skinny Veggie Crockpot Lasagna
Hello friends, welcome to Slow Cook Recipe. Today we are going to make Skinny Veggie Crockpot Lasagna. We hope you enjoy this recipe and share it with your friends and family so that they can enjoy this recipe too.
Here’s an easy crockpot recipe for skinny veggie lasagna. The recipe is for a healthier version of the traditional Italian dish. You’ll know that the recipe is healthy due to the amount of olive oil it calls for. But don’t worry, the amount is likely less than your taste buds would expect.
This skinny Veggie Crockpot Lasagna is packed with good-for-you veggies and super easy to make. Just put it in the Crockpot and you’ve got dinner!
We We Love the Skinny Veggie Crockpot Lasagna
Lasagna is a great Italian dish that is loved by many. In fact, lasagna is such a great dish that there are many different types of lasagna that are served around the world. Lasagna is a perfect meal for the whole family and can be enjoyed with a glass of wine and some garlic bread. The Skinny Veggie Crockpot Lasagna recipe is perfect for anyone who wants to save themselves a lot of time in the kitchen and want to enjoy a delicious and tasty meal.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
Ingredients for Skinny Veggie Crockpot Lasagna
- 2 24-ounce jars or cans of Italian tomato sauce (see notes)
- 9 thick lasagna noodles with wavy edges (mine were called bronze cut)
- 24 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese OR cottage cheese
- 3-4 cups chopped vegetables of choice (I used kale)
- Pesto (to taste)
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella or Provolone cheese
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Fresh parsley for topping
Instructions for Skinny Veggie Crockpot Lasagna
- Spray the Crockpot with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce to the bottom so the noodles don’t stick.
- Break noodles so that they fit and mostly cover the bottom. They will probably be awkward looking – not a big deal. Cover with about one third of the ricotta, veggies, pesto, sauce, cheese, and end with noodles.
- Repeat layers two more times for a total of three complete layers. End with a layer of noodles on top, covered with a thin layer of sauce and a little bit more shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5-6 hours. Turn the crockpot off completely and let the lasagna sit for at least one hour.
- This allows all the moisture to get soaked into the lasagna, and if you don’t do this it will probably be more like lasagna soup – still good, but not pretty.
- Depending on how long you let it sit, you can either scoop pieces out or just cut with a knife like normal lasagna.
Nutrition value of Skinny Veggie Crockpot Lasagna
- Total Fat 12.6g
- 13% Cholesterol 38.8mg
- 37% Sodium 850.7mg
- 14% Total Carbohydrate 39.4g
- 14% Dietary Fiber 3.9g
- Sugars 8.8g
- 39% Protein 19.4g
- 23% Vitamin A 210.6µg
- 13% Vitamin C 11.5mg
- 15% Potassium 690.9mg
- 28% Phosphorus 354.3mg
Thanks for visiting slowcookrecipe.com