Slow Cooker Baked Spaghetti
Hello friends, welcome to Slow Cook Recipe. Today we are going to make Slow Cooker Baked Spaghetti.
Baked Spaghetti is a very delicious cheesy casserole that will change the way you make the spaghetti!
Spaghetti is a delicious and tasty dish which we all love. It’s very easy to prepare and you can add different ingredients and make it tastier. But, if you add healthy ingredients and use a slow cooker then it can be even more satisfying. In this article we will show you the steps to make the perfect Slow Cooker Baked Spaghetti.
Why We Love It
Spaghetti is a great dish which can be eaten at any time of the day. It is a very popular dish, mainly because it is cheap to make and very simple to cook. This recipe is among many that I’ve tried, but I find it to be delicious and tasty and a nice alternative to regular spaghetti dishes.
If you enjoy this recipe then make sure to share it with your friends and family so that they can make the perfect spaghetti to enjoy with their families.
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 25 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Calories: 593 kcal
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Baked Spaghetti
- 48 oz. of pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs. of ground beef
- 1/2 cup of diced white onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of dried oregano
- 1 tsp. of dried basil
- 1 lb. spaghetti noodles see below for cooking instructions, these don’t get cooked or added until after the sauce cooks for 6 hours
Cheese topping after sauce cooks
- 4 ounces of cream cheese 1/2 cup
- 1 cup of ricotta
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
Instructions for Slow Cooker Baked Spaghetti
- First of all, pour the jars of sauce into the slow cooker. In the large skillet set over the medium-high heat, brown the meat & onions together. After the meat is browned add garlic, cook for a minute or a longer. Now drain the fat. Add the salt, oregano & basil & stir. Pour the meat onto the sauce in the slow cooker & stir.
- After that, cover & cook on LOW for about 6 hours without opening the lid during cooking time.
- After the cooking time is over, cook the noodles as directions written on the package in boiling water on the stove-top. I cooked my noodles for exactly 7-8 minutes after adding them to boiling water. These noodles will cook a bit more after adding them to slow cooker.
- Now drain the noodles & add them to meat sauce in the slow cooker. Stir, and then flatten noodles in an even layer.
- After that, in a small bowl combine the cream cheese, ricotta and the salt. The cream cheese will be in the small chunks, but that is fine though.
- Now, dollop the cream cheese/ricotta mixture over spaghetti, then use the spatula to even it out over spaghetti. And then add the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover & cook for an extra 20-22 minutes on LOW.
- Serve, enjoy and have fun.
Nutritional Values are approximate. If you require the special diet, please use your own calculations. The values below are for 1/5 of the recipe.
Nutrition Information for Slow Cooker Baked Spaghetti
- Calories: 595kcal
- Carbohydrates: 54g
- Protein: 36g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Sodium: 1315mg
- Potassium: 1064mg
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 12g
- Vitamin A: 1258IU
- Vitamin C: 12.6mg
- Calcium: 280mg
- Iron: 5.5mg
Thanks for visiting slowcookrecipe.com