Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Hello friends, welcome to Slow Cook Recipe. Today we are going to make Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff.
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff Recipe: This is easy Beef Stroganoff made in a Crockpot! Bold flavor and a silky texture make it the best!
Beef stroganoff is a tasty Russian staple, but it’s generally not the most healthy dish you can eat. That’s why slow cooker beef stroganoff is the perfect alternative. It’s just as tasty, but it’s healthier than a traditional beef stroganoff. Here’s how to make slow cooker beef stroganoff (and why you should).
Why We Love the Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Beef stroganoff is a Russian dish that has become very popular in the western world. It is made with tender pieces of beef that is slow cooked in a tasty sauce, and served over hot rice. The meat is served with a sour cream sauce that works so well to bring out the great flavours in the meat.
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff is one of the comfort foods that you cannot miss out on. It is the perfect dish to make in a slow cooker as it brings out the best flavors and is very easy to make. If you are looking for a delicious and tasty slow cooker recipe then this is it.
This dish is the perfect comfort food that you can make at home. The recipe uses simple ingredients and super easy to cook up. It’s a hearty dish that you can cook up that will keep you warm in the cold months.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 20 minutes
- Servings: 8
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- 2 1/4 pound beef chuck roast
- 6 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 – 1 cup cognac
- 2 tablespoons beef base, + 2 teaspoons (or 5 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon beef concentrate)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 cups water
- 12 ounces extra wide egg noodles
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Set a large 6-quart slow cooker to low heat. Cut the beef roast into small bite-size chunks, or cut against the grain into thin strips.
- Place the butter in a large skillet and set on the stovetop over medium heat. Once melted, add the onions and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, then add the beef pieces.
- Brown the beef on all sides, about 5 minutes. Then sprinkle the flour over the beef and stir to coat. Cook another 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture in the bottom of the slow cooker. *If using an Instant Pot or Multi-Cooker, do this in the crock on the Sauté setting, then lower the heat to Slow Cook.
- Add the chopped mushrooms to the crock. In a bowl, whisk the sour cream, cognac, beef base, Dijon mustard, and thyme together. Pour the mixture over the mushrooms, then add in 3 cups water. *If using less than 1 cup cognac, add extra water to equal 1 cup.
- Cover the crock and slow cook for 5-6 hours on high, or 7-9 hours on low, until the beef is fork-tender. Stir in the egg noodles.
- Cover again and slow cook another 20-30 minutes, until the pasta is cooked to al dente. Taste, then salt and pepper as needed.
Nutritional Value & Notes
If you like stroganoff with a strong boozy essence, use 1 cup cognac. If not, go with 1/2 cup cognac + 1/2 cup water.
- Serving: 1.5cups
- Calories: 573kcal
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 161mg
- Sodium: 561mg
- Potassium: 938mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 5g
- Vitamin A: 495IU
- Vitamin C: 4.3mg
- Calcium: 108mg
- Iron: 4.7mg
Thanks for visiting slowcookrecipe.com