Slow Cooker Chili Mac ‘n Cheese
Hello friends, welcome to Slow Cook Recipe. Today we are going to make Slow Cooker Chili Mac ‘n Cheese.
Put in a little bit of prep in the morning, come home to an insanely delish dinner.
- Yields: 4
- Preparation Time: 0 hours 20 minutes
- Total Time: 6 hours 30 minutes
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Chili Mac ‘n Cheese
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. cayenne
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 2 28-oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 c. beef broth
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz. small pasta, such as macaroni or fusilli
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 c. Scallions, for garnish
Directions for making Slow Cooker Chili Mac ‘n Cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook until softened. Add chili powder, cumin, and cayenne until fragrant, 1 minute. Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Transfer beef mixture to slow cooker along with tomatoes, kidney beans and beef broth, and season generously with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or low for 8 to 10 hours.
- When ready, stir in dry pasta and cook on high for 15 minutes more. When pasta is tender stir in cheeses until evenly distributed and melted. Garnish with scallions and serve.
Thanks for visiting slowcookrecipe.com