Slow Cooker Easy Baked Potato Soup
I love this recipe in my slow cooker, especially since there is minimal prep. No bacon to fry, so the slow cooker is the only dish you will get dirty. If you have dry ranch mix on hand, I have really enjoyed this variation!
We often go through a lot of ranch dressing when we make salads and other dishes. Luckily it’s a staple in most kitchens and doesn’t take up much room in a cabinet. You can store it for quite a while before it’s no longer good. I like using my slow cooker to make simple meals like this.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that there is minimal preparation time. Only a small amount of vegetables need to be chopped and that is pretty much it! I also like to cook recipes like this because my family can help me prepare it. They love to take part and chop the veggies, and serve the finished product when the dish is finished cooking.
This recipe is so simple and tastes great! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Summary of Potato Soup Slow Cooker Recipe
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- cook: 7 hrs 15 minutes
- total: 7 hrs 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Easy Baked Potato Soup
- 10 red potatoes, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup real bacon bits
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese, or to taste
- ¼ cup chopped green onion, or to taste
Directions for Slow Cooker Easy Baked Potato Soup
- Put potatoes in the bottom of your slow cooker crock. Scatter flour over the potatoes; toss to coat.
- Scatter bacon bits, red onion, garlic, chicken bouillon, ranch dressing mix, parsley, seasoned salt, and black pepper over the potatoes.
- Pour water into the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low 7 to 9 hours.
- Pour half-and-half into the soup; cook another 15 minutes.
- Garnish with Cheddar cheese and green onion to serve.
Alternately, you can cook this on High for 4 to 5 hours.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
336 calories; protein 18.4g; carbohydrates 26.6g; fat 17.9g; cholesterol 55.9mg; sodium 1720.2mg.