Slow Cooker Ham
Slow cooker ham is juicy and delicious with this no-fuss recipe that’s perfect for holiday meals. The only ingredients you need are brown sugar and a bone-in picnic ham.
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- cook: 8 hrs
- total: 8 hrs 5 minutes
- Servings: 24
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Ham
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 (8 pound) cured, bone-in picnic ham
- Spread about 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar on the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Place ham on the brown sugar with the flat side facing down; you might have to trim it a little to make it fit. Use your hands to rub the remaining brown sugar onto the ham.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 8 hours.
If you are using a spiral-cut ham, you’ll want to cut the cooking time by about half as a spiral-cut will dry out faster.
You can add a 6-ounce can pineapple juice or crushed pineapple and a few pinches of ground cloves in Step 2, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
360 calories; protein 25.8g; carbohydrates 18g; fat 20.1g; cholesterol 74.2mg; sodium 1425.1mg.