Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
Hello friends, welcome to Slow Cook Recipe. Today we are going to make Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken. We really hope that you enjoy this recipe, if you do then make sure to share it around with your friends.
This recipe is so simple, yet so delicious. The chicken is a little tangy, a little sweet and a little buttery. The sauce is bright and tasty and compliments the chicken. With very simple ingredients, you have a great meal that satisfies the whole family.
You can serve this dish over rice or pasta or even mashed potatoes. It’s a meal that the whole family will love and one that you may revisit often.
Why We Love this Recipe
Chicken is always a good choice. Everybody loves chicken and it’s low cost and easy to come by. Combine chicken with slow cooker recipes and you are onto a sure thing. Slow cooker recipes like this one are great because they reduce the time spent standing over the cooker. Let’s face it, chicken tastes even better when you don’t actually have to cook it!
- Yields: 4
- Preparation Time: 0 hours 10 minutes
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large onions, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons, divided
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. frozen peas
Directions for making Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
- In a large skillet over high heat, sear chicken until golden brown, 2 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper and place in a slow cooker.
- Add onions, garlic, carrots, sugar, zest and juice of 1 lemon, thyme, and chicken broth, then season with salt and pepper. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Add peas and cover with lid until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add zest and juice of remaining lemon. Serve immediately.
Thanks for visiting slowcookrecipe.com