Slow Cooker Machaca
Beef and pork cooked in a slow cooker overnight creates the most tender Mexican meat filling you’ll ever have. Serve with tortillas, cheese, and sour cream.
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- cook: 12 hrs
- total: 12 hrs 5 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Yield: 10 servings
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Machaca
- 3 pounds beef rump roast
- 3 pounds pork loin roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chiles
Directions for Slow Cooker Machaca
- Season beef roast and pork loin with the salt and pepper. Place seasoned beef and pork in a slow cooker.
- Set slow cooker to Low. Cover, and cook overnight or 8 to 10 hours. Drain the juices and shred the meat into strands.
- Return the meat to the slow cooker; pour the enchilada sauce and green chiles in with the shredded meat and cook on Low another 4 to 8 hours.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
563 calories; protein 57.3g; carbohydrates 6.9g; fat 32.5g; cholesterol 170.1mg; sodium 1073.7mg.