Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
These are melt in your mouth mashed potatoes, and what could be better than potatoes in the slow cooker?
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- cook: 3 hrs 15 minutes
- total: 3 hrs 30 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Yield: 8 servings
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, or to taste
- 3 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter
- salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the potatoes, garlic, and bouillon until potatoes are tender but firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, reserving water.
- In a bowl, mash potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese, adding reserved water as needed to attain desired consistency.
- Transfer the potato mixture to a slow cooker, cover, and cook on Low for 2 to 3 hours. Just before serving, stir in butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Please note the differences in yield when using the magazine version of this recipe.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
470 calories; protein 8.8g; carbohydrates 47.9g; fat 27.7g; cholesterol 74mg; sodium 702.9mg.