Slow Cooker Ratatouille
Hello friends, welcome to Slow Cook Recipe. Today we are going to make Slow Cooker Ratatouille.
The Perfect Slow Cooker Ratatouille Recipe is easy to put together, jam packed full of seasonal vegetables cooked just right, and oh so comforting during those cold winter months.
Ratatouille is a classic French dish that is fresh and healthy. It’s a delicious and nutritious meal that will leave everyone full and happy after consuming it. This recipe is easy to make and anyone can cook it. This post provides all the ingredients, cooking instructions and nutritional value of the dish.
Why We Love this Ratatouille Slow Cooker Recipe
Ratatouille is a French dish that is a stew-like vegetable dish. It can be served hot or cold and is generally eaten with bread. It is a typical French dish and is often served during summer, but is also a great dish to serve warm during those cold winter days. Ratatouille is easy to cook using a slow cooker and has various vegetables and herbs that add some variety to the flavors and textures.
A slow cooker is a great kitchen tool that can make a ton of different kinds of food. But you need to make sure you have the right ingredients and recipes to make it taste delicious. This blog post will show you how to make a great slow cooker meal that everyone will like.
We hope you love this slow cooker recipe as much as we do. Make sure to share it with your friends and family so that they can enjoy it too!
Summary of Slow Cooker Ratatouille Recipe
- Preparation Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 3 hrs
- Total Time 3 hrs 15 mins
- Course Main Course
- Cuisine Italian
- Servings 4 servings
- Calories 329 kcal
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Ratatouille
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- One large green zucchini
- 1 large yellow squash
- 3 cups marinara (for a homemade version see notes)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup parmigiano regiano
- ½ cup basil leaves, chiffonaded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions for Slow Cooker Ratatouille
- Slice the potatoes, sweet potato, red bell peppers, and red onion into thin rounds (about ⅛ inch). Slice the zucchini and squash into slightly thicker rounds (about ½ inch).
- Pour one cup of the pasta sauce into the bottom of your slow cooker, then overlap the veggies in a circular pattern around the edges (i.e. potato, followed by sweet potato, followed by zucchini, bell peppers and onion, and repeat) until you’ve used them all.
- After each row add a dash of salt, pepper, and a bit of the minced garlic. Then layer more veg on top.
- Pour the rest of the sauce on top and set the slow cooker on high for 3 hours.
- To serve, garnish with some fresh basil and parmigiana region. Leftovers will keep for about 3 days in the fridge.
For a homemade marinara sauce recipe that works just perfectly try out this one, and if you don’t have heirloom tomatoes just sub in another variety.
Nutrition value of Slow Cooker Ratatouille
- Calories: 329kcal
- Carbohydrates: 59.9g
- Protein: 11.8g
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 477mg
- Fiber: 10.7g
- Sugar: 18.4g
More Recipe Suggestions
Thanks for visiting slowcookrecipe.com