Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken
Hello friends, welcome to Slow Cook Recipe. Today we are going to make Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken.
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken (and Tacos!) – the flavor of this chicken is out of this world AKA the best “dump and run” meal you will ever make! Use the sweet, tangy spicy Mexican chicken for tacos, burritos, tostadas, salads, etc.
Why We Love It
Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken might just be one of the best recipes for the slow cooker. It is so easy to make and the chicken is so tender and flavorful. I will walk you through the ingredients, how to make the salsa verde honey lime marinade and how to cook it in a slow cooker. You will also find a few tips and tricks to ensure that your chicken is juicy and tender.
Salsa is one of the most popular condiments in the world. It is fast and easy to prepare and goes with virtually any dish. The salsa verde honey lime chicken is a twist on the standard chicken recipe. In this post we will show you how to make this delicious honey lime chicken with salsa verde.
- Servings: 12 -24 mini tacos*
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mild salsa verde (medium for a kick)
- 1/3-1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- cayenne pepper or hot sauce to taste
Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken Tacos (recommended)
Salsa Verde is a delicious sauce that is commonly found in Mexico and other Latin American countries. It is made from various herbs and spices that bring out a tangy but delicious flavor. This recipe works great with tacos. Here are some small additions to make the perfect Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken Tacos.
- 1-2 packages Flatout FolidIt Flatbread Ancient Grains***
- Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Sour cream
Instructions for Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Honey Lime Chicken
- Rub chicken breasts with olive oil and place in the bottom of your slow cooker. Add all of the remaining Slow Cooker ingredients except for the hot sauce.
- Cook on high for 2-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is tender enough to shred.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board, and let rest 5 minutes before shredding (there will be a lot of liquid remaining).
- Return shredded chicken and let cook on low for an additional 20-30 minutes to absorb some of the liquid/juices.
- Drain excess liquid before serving or use tongs to remove shredded chicken. Taste and add more honey for sweeter, lime for more tang, hot sauce/cayenne for spicier.
- To make Seasoned Flatout FolidIt Flatbread Taco Shells, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut each FoldIt in half and lightly brush with Salsa Verde Honey Lime juices from slow cooker on one side.
- Hang each cut FoldIt in half over individual oven rungs so they from a taco shell and bake at 375 degrees F for approximately 10-12 minutes or until edges are crisp. Remove and let cool for 1 minute.
- Stuff taco shells with chicken and top with desired taco toppings.
Thanks for visiting slowcookrecipe.com