Slow Cooker Spring Beef Bourguignon
Hello friends, welcome to Slow Cook Recipe. Today we are going to make Slow Cooker Spring Beef Bourguignon. If you enjoyed cooking this delicious meal, then do consider sharing it with your friends and family for them to enjoy too.
Beef Bourguignon is a classic French stew, which is as easy to cook in a slow cooker as it is on the stove top. This beef bourguignon recipe is not only easy to cook but it is also fantastic flavor, and all made in one pot. In this article we include a comprehensive list of ingredients, instructions, and tips to make the perfect dish.
Why We Love this Recipe
Learn how to cook a slow cooker spring beef bourguignon recipe. Our Beef Bourguignon recipe is perfect for a romantic dinner for two, or to feed a larger family or friends. The recipe is delicious, nutritious, and easy to prepare and will make your taste buds dance with joy.
The slow cooker is a great solution for busy people – with this recipe you can cook a delicious stew in the morning before going to work, and it will be ready when you get home. It’s also great for weekend cooking, so you can get the stew cooking before you go to work, and then come home to a tasty meal. It’s also pretty healthy, with lean cuts of beef and a variety of veggies.
Summary of the Slow Cooker Spring Beef Bourguignon
Add some freshness to the beefy classic with this insanely delish slow-cooker dinner.
- Yields: 6
- Preparation Time: 0 hours 25 minutes
- Total Time: 6 hours 25 minutes
Ingredients for making Slow Cooker Spring Beef Bourguignon
- 4 lb. beef chuck roast, cut into chunks
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c. red wine
- 1 c. beef broth
- 2 c. sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 large carrots, sliced into rounds
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and quartered
- Chopped fresh parsley, for serving
Directions for making Slow Cooker Spring Beef Bourguignon
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. While it heats, toss beef with oil. Sear beef in batches, 3 minutes per side. Between each batch, deglaze pan with some red wine, scraping up any bits with a wooden spoon. Pour mixture into slow-cooker along with seared beef as it’s done.
- To slow-cooker, add beef broth, mushrooms, carrots, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary and remaining red wine. Cook on high 6 to 7 hours, until beef is easily shreddable. Thirty minutes before serving, remove herbs and add asparagus; cook until just tender.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Thanks for visiting slowcookrecipe.com