Slow Cooker Stuffing
This crockpot stuffing is an easy way to make extra stuffing for a large crowd — and it frees up stove space because it cooks in a slow cooker. This recipe is designed for use in a standard 4-quart slow cooker and is very tasty and moist!
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- cook: 4 hrs 50 minutes
- total: 5 hrs 15 minutes
- Servings: 16
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Stuffing
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 12 cups dry bread cubes
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ½ cups chicken broth, or as needed
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions for Slow Cooker Stuffing
- Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion, celery, mushroom, and parsley in butter until slightly softened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Place bread cubes in a very large mixing bowl. Spoon cooked vegetables over bread cubes.
- Season with salt, sage, poultry seasoning, thyme, marjoram, and pepper. Pour in enough broth to moisten, then mix in eggs. Transfer mixture to a slow cooker.
- Cover and ck on High for 45 minutes, then reduce heat to Low and cook for 4 to 8 hours.
To make this slow cooker stuffing in the oven, prepare as directed using the total amount of broth. Transfer to a 9×13-inch baking dish or another large casserole dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes to 1 hour.