Slow Cooker Thai Curried Beef
Awesome and flexible slow cooker Thai dish that is perfect for the busy family, couple or single person. Prep the night before or the morning-of. Cook for 6, 8, or 10 hours. This recipe is as tasty as it is forgiving.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- cook: 6 hrs 53 minutes
- total: 7 hrs 8 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Yield: 8 servings
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Thai Curried Beef
- 2 pounds lean stew beef
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
- ¾ cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 jalapeno chile peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 8 water
- 4 cups jasmine rice
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves (Optional)
Directions for Slow Cooker Thai Curried Beef
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Drain excess grease. Transfer beef to a 4-quart slow cooker and sprinkle with salt.
- Combine onion and garlic in the same skillet over medium-high heat; saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add to beef in the slow cooker.
- Stir coconut milk, beef broth, red curry paste, lime juice, peanut oil, jalapeno chile peppers, and brown sugar into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low until flavors combine, 6 to 10 hours.
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir spinach into the slow cooker and cook until wilted, about 15 minutes. Serve beef mixture over rice and garnish with basil leaves.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
829 calories; protein 40.3g; carbohydrates 85.6g; fat 39.3g; cholesterol 98.6mg; sodium 298.5mg.