Slow Cooker Thai Curried Beef
This awesome and flexible Slow Cooker Thai Curried Beef is perfect for the busy family, couple or single person. It is full of healthy ingredients and can be easily adapted to your family’s taste. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover meat or vegetables you have in the fridge.
Thai food is one of the most popular cuisines in the world, and for good reason. Thai dishes are packed with flavor, and can be either light and refreshing or rich and hearty, depending on your preference. Plus, there’s something for everyone – whether you’re a fan of spicy food or not, there’s a Thai dish that will suit your taste.
If you’ve never tried Thai food before, you’re in for a treat. Start with some of the classics, like pad Thai or green curry, and work your way up to more adventurous dishes like larb or kaeng som. And don’t forget to order a side of steamed rice – it’s the perfect way to soak up all that delicious sauce. Trust us, once you’ve tasted Thai food, you’ll be hooked for life.
Why We Love Thai Curried Beef
There are many reasons to love the Slow Cooker Thai Curried Beef. For one, it is a delicious and hearty dish that is perfect for a winter meal. It is also relatively easy to make, and can be made in advance so that you can enjoy it even on a busy weeknight. Additionally, the slow cooker helps to tenderize the beef so that it is melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
Slow Cooker Thai Curried Beef is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that is perfect for a weeknight dinner. The beef is cooked in a coconut milk curry sauce with a variety of Thai spices, and served over rice. To make the meal, simply combine the beef, coconut milk, curry paste, and spices in the slow cooker and let it cook for 6-8 hours. When the beef is cooked, it will be tender and full of flavor. Serve the beef curry over a bed of rice and garnish with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
If you have any extra leftovers from the Slow Cooker Thai Curried Beef, be sure to store them in an airtight container in the fridge. They’ll last for up to four days, and make a great quick meal when reheated. Simply reheat the beef in a skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it’s hot all the way through. Serve it over steamed rice or noodles, and enjoy!
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- cook: 6 hrs 53 minutes
- total: 7 hrs 8 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Yield: 8 servings
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Thai Curried Beef
- 2 pounds lean stew beef
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
- ¾ cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 jalapeno chile peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 8 water
- 4 cups jasmine rice
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves (Optional)
Directions for Slow Cooker Thai Curried Beef
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Drain excess grease. Transfer beef to a 4-quart slow cooker and sprinkle with salt.
- Combine onion and garlic in the same skillet over medium-high heat; saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add to beef in the slow cooker.
- Stir coconut milk, beef broth, red curry paste, lime juice, peanut oil, jalapeno chile peppers, and brown sugar into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low until flavors combine, 6 to 10 hours.
- Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir spinach into the slow cooker and cook until wilted, about 15 minutes. Serve beef mixture over rice and garnish with basil leaves.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
829 calories; protein 40.3g; carbohydrates 85.6g; fat 39.3g; cholesterol 98.6mg; sodium 298.5mg.