Slow Cooker Venison Stroganoff
My hubby and I love stroganoff, and using venison meat takes this dish to a new level. The Slow Cooker Venison Stroganoff is a nice twist to the famous dish, and using the slow cooker makes the meal easy to prepare.
The rich, gamey flavor of the venison pairs perfectly with the creamy sauce and mushrooms, and the dish is always a hit when we serve it to guests. Stroganoff is one of our favorite comfort foods, and we always feel satisfied after a big bowl of it.
The Slow Cooker Venison Stroganoff is an easy recipe to follow and doesn’t require a lot of time or effort. The slow cooker allows the flavors to meld together, resulting in a rich and delicious dish. This recipe brings you a hearty and filling meal that is perfect for a winter night. This recipe is a great way to use up leftover venison from a hunting trip. Whether you are a venison lover or not, this is a dish that is sure to please.
I had been wanting to try making a wild game roast for awhile, but wasn’t sure how it would turn out. I decided to give it a try in the slow cooker and served it to my hubby and his hunting buddies. They loved it! The slow cooker made the meat tender and juicy, and the flavor was amazing. I will definitely be making this again.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- cook: 8 hrs 40 minutes
- total: 9 hrs
- Servings: 6
- Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Venison Stroganoff
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 ½ pounds venison stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans low-sodium beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ (16 ounce) package whole wheat noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
Directions for Slow Cooker Venison Stroganoff
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the venison cubes and fry on all sides until well browned, then place into a slow cooker.
- Add the bay leaf, onion, and mushroom to the slow cooker. Pour in the beef broth, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Set slow cooker on Low, and cook for 8 to 10 hours.
- Add the noodles, and water or additional beef broth if needed. Cover and cook for 30 minutes. Once the noodles are done, stir in the sour cream and serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
405 calories; protein 36.3g; carbohydrates 33.6g; fat 14.5g; cholesterol 113.1mg; sodium 281.8mg.