Slow Cooker Whole Chicken – Rotisserie Style
This slow cooker whole chicken is juicy on the inside with delicious, herbed, crispy skin on the outside. It’s a slow cooker chicken recipe favorite.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- wait time: 8 hrs
- Total Time: 8 hrs 25 minutes
- Servings: 6
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
- 2 large carrots, cut into large chunks
- 1 parsnip, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 onion, cut into wedges
- 1 whole chicken, (4-5 pounds)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions for Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
- Add the carrots, parsnip and onion to your slow cooker. If you have a large slow cooker, feel free to add more vegetables.
- Add the herbs and spices to a small bowl and mix together.
- Remove the giblets from the cavity of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the herbs and spices onto the chicken and rub them in and all around with your hands. Then place the chicken in the slow cooker on top of the vegetables.
- Add the lid to the slow cooker and cook the chicken on low for 7-8 hours, depending on the size of your chicken. When done, carefully remove and serve.
Nutrition’s in Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
Calories: 308kcal, Carbohydrates: 8g, Protein: 24g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 95mg, Sodium: 107mg, Potassium: 433mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 3821IU, Vitamin C: 8mg, Calcium: 35mg, Iron: 2mg
Course: Main Course