Sweet Slow Cooker Ham
Today we will be showing you how to cook Sweet Slow Cooker Ham.
This ham is so easy to put together and cook in a slow cooker, and with a meat thermometer you can’t go wrong! I love how simple this recipe is and how little effort it requires.
The ham cooks to perfection in the slow cooker and is always juicy and flavorful. Plus, using a meat thermometer ensures that the ham is cooked through and safe to eat. This is a great recipe for a stress-free holiday meal!
When it comes to holiday cooking, few dishes are as classic – or as delicious – as a slow cooked ham. And while there are many ways to prepare this dish, one of the best is to cook it in a sweet, savory glaze. To do this, simply combine your favorite ham glaze ingredients in a slow cooker, and let the ham cook until it is tender and juicy.
Then, at the end of the cooking time, thicken the juices with cornstarch to create a glaze that will give your ham a beautiful, glossy finish. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Sweet Slow Cooker Ham is comfort food. It is a dish that can be made ahead of time and then reheated when you are ready to eat it. It is also a dish that can be made with leftovers. Ham is a versatile meat and can be used in a variety of dishes. When you make Sweet Slow Cooker Ham, you are sure to have a dish that will please everyone.
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- cook: 5 hrs 30 minutes
- total: 5 hrs 35 minutes
- Servings: 14
- Yield: 14 servings
Ingredients for Sweet Slow Cooker Ham
- 1 (16 ounce) package light brown sugar, divided
- 1 (6 to 7 pound) bone-in picnic ham, rinsed
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- ¾ cup chai tea latte concentrate
Directions for Sweet Slow Cooker Ham
- Spread about 3/4 of the brown sugar into the bottom of the crock of your slow cooker to cover completely. Place ham atop the brown sugar with the flat side facing down.
- Pour pineapple over the ham. Rub remaining brown sugar over the ham. Pour chai tea latte concentrate over the ham.
- Place cover on the slow cooker and cook on Low until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the ham reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 5 1/2 hours. Baste ham once or twice with juices while cooking.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
500 calories; protein 30.7g; carbohydrates 40.1g; fat 23.8g; cholesterol 87.7mg; sodium 1689mg.