Sweet Slow Cooker Ham
This ham is so easy to put together and cook in a slow cooker, and with a meat thermometer you can’t go wrong! The juices can be thickened with cornstarch at the end to make a glaze.
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- cook: 5 hrs 30 minutes
- total: 5 hrs 35 minutes
- Servings: 14
- Yield: 14 servings
Ingredients for Sweet Slow Cooker Ham
- 1 (16 ounce) package light brown sugar, divided
- 1 (6 to 7 pound) bone-in picnic ham, rinsed
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- ¾ cup chai tea latte concentrate
Directions for Sweet Slow Cooker Ham
- Spread about 3/4 of the brown sugar into the bottom of the crock of your slow cooker to cover completely. Place ham atop the brown sugar with the flat side facing down.
- Pour pineapple over the ham. Rub remaining brown sugar over the ham. Pour chai tea latte concentrate over the ham.
- Place cover on the slow cooker and cook on Low until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the ham reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 5 1/2 hours. Baste ham once or twice with juices while cooking.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
500 calories; protein 30.7g; carbohydrates 40.1g; fat 23.8g; cholesterol 87.7mg; sodium 1689mg.