Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
Today’s dish will be a slow cooker chicken fajita. This is a great recipe for anyone who is looking for an easy and tasty meal. To make it even easier, you can skip the cleaning up with a disposable Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner.
This is a dish that is perfect for a busy weeknight, as it only takes a few minutes to prepare. Simply throw all of the ingredients into the slow cooker, and let it do its magic. The result is a tasty and healthy meal that the whole family will love.
The slow cooker chicken fajita is a great dish for a number of reasons. For one, it is extremely easy to make. Simply throw all of the ingredients into the slow cooker and let it do its work. Additionally, the slow cooker chicken fajita is very healthy, as it is packed with lean protein and vegetables. Finally, it is a very versatile dish that can be served in a variety of ways. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal or a dish to impress guests, the slow cooker chicken fajita is sure to do the trick.
Slow cooker chicken fajitas make for a delicious and easy weeknight meal. But what do you do with the leftovers? Here are a few ideas.
One option is to simply reheat the leftovers and enjoy them as is. Another option is to make a chicken fajita salad by chopping up the chicken and veggies and adding them to a bed of greens. You could also use the leftovers to make chicken fajita wraps. Simply roll them up in a tortilla with some shredded cheese and enjoy.
No matter how you choose to enjoy your slow cooker chicken fajita leftovers, they are sure to be delicious!
- Servings: 16
- Yield: 16 fajitas
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- 1 Slow Cooker Liner
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ¾ cup chunky salsa
- 2 (1.4 ounce) packages fajita seasoning mix
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- ½ cup Shredded cheese
- ½ cup Chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup Guacamole
- ¼ cup Sour cream
Directions for Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Open Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner and place it inside a 5- to 6 1/2-quart slow cooker bowl. Fit liner snugly against the bottom and sides of bowl; pull top of liner over rim of bowl.
- Place chicken in Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner. Place onions and bell peppers on top of chicken.
- Mix salsa, fajita seasoning mix and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Pour over chicken. Place lid on slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours OR on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours until chicken is done.
- Carefully remove lid to allow steam to escape. Gently stir chicken and sauce with a plastic or wooden slotted spoon. Spoon 1/2 cup of chicken mixture into center of each tortilla; add desired toppings and fold tortilla over filling.
- Do not lift or transport liner with food inside. Cool slow cooker completely; remove Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner and toss.
For “Freezer to Slow Cooker” preparation, frozen food may require additional cooking time
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
332 calories; protein 19.1g; carbohydrates 42.9g; fat 9.2g; cholesterol 37.6mg; sodium 918.9mg.