Instant Pot Chicken and Gravy
All the flavor of a slow-cooked roasted chicken dinner from the oven, but done in a fraction of the time using your Instant Pot or pressure cooker! Serve with mashed potatoes for the perfect comfort meal.
If you are anything like me, then you love to cook and eat. I love to experiment with recipes and try to find ways to make them taste better. This blog is designed to help home cooks learn how to cook quick and easy meals when you are all out of ideas.
Instant Pot chicken and gravy is a delicious and tasty dish that is easy to make any time you need to prepare a quick meal. The best part is it uses very simple ingredients that you will most likely already have in your pantry. Let’s get into it and prepare the Instant Pot chicken and gravy with step by step directions, and a detailed list of ingredients and nutritional value.
Recipe Summary for Instant Pot Chicken and Gravy
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- cook: 25 minutes
- additional: 15 minutes
- total: 55 minutes
- Servings: 2
Ingredient for Instant Pot Chicken and Gravy
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon sage
- 2 (10 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- aluminum foil
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
Directions for Instant Pot Chicken and Gravy
- Combine salt, paprika, thyme, pepper, garlic powder, and sage in a small bowl.
- Pound thicker end of chicken breasts to about 1-inch thickness. Sprinkle with seasonings and rub on both sides.
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot) and select Saute function and high heat. Heat olive oil and cook chicken breasts until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a plate. Add chicken stock to the pot, scraping up any browned bits off the bottom. Turn off the pot. Place a trivet inside the pot and lay chicken breasts on top.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, for 10 minutes. Switch to the quick-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions to release remaining pressure, about 5 minutes.
- Unlock and remove the lid. Remove chicken to a clean plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl and stir to dissolve. Switch pot to Saute function and medium heat.
- Slowly whisk in enough of the cornstarch mixture to thicken the gravy to your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and serve gravy over chicken breasts.
More Recipe Suggestions for you
Recipe Nutritional Value
- Calories: 418.3
- % Daily Value *
- protein: 59.8g 120 %
- carbohydrates: 9.1g 3 %
- dietary fiber: 0.7g 3 %
- sugars: 0.8g
- fat: 14g 22 %
- saturated fat: 2.9g 14 %
- cholesterol: 164.5mg 55 %
- vitamin a iu: 509.2IU 10 %
- niacin equivalents: 37.7mg 290 %
- vitamin b6: 1.2mg 74 %
- vitamin c: 0.9mg 2 %
- folate: 9.5mcg 2 %
- calcium: 40.4mg 4 %
- iron: 2.8mg 16 %
- magnesium: 58.6mg 21 %
- potassium: 517.1mg 15 %
- sodium: 1674mg 67 %
- thiamin: 0.1mg 14 %
- calories from fat: 126