Slow Cooker Lamb Stew with Butternut Squash and Marsala Wine Recipe
We have a real treat for you today, it’s a really yummy recipe by Slow Cook Recipe, today we will be showing you how to make Slow Cooker Lamb Stew with Butternut Squash and Marsala Wine Recipe.
This is a winter favorite in our family. Beef bone broth, Marsala wine, fresh thyme, and rosemary blend with the ingredients to create a really great tasting lamb stew. Serve with your favorite crusty bread.
Why We Love It
The Slow Cooker Lamb Stew with Butternut Squash and Marsala Wine Recipe recipe is one our of favorites. It’s really delicious, and also very easy to prepare.
If you enjoy mouth watering lamb recipe, then this is a great recipe for you to try out for your next meal. Whether you’re serving it as an appetizer or a main course, this dish is sure to make a lasting impression.
We want to hear your thoughts on the Slow Cooker Lamb Stew with Butternut Squash and Marsala Wine Recipe recipe. Don’t be shy! Make sure to leave a rating for it below. Sharing your review of recipes is a great help to others.
What to do with leftovers?
You can enjoy this recipe for up to 3 days after you make it by storing the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. When you’re ready to eat it again, simply reheat it in the microwave or on the stove.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hrs 10 mins
- Total Time: 6 hrs 40 mins
- Servings: 6
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound cubed lamb stew meat
- ½ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 2 cups chopped white mushrooms
- 1 cup diced sweet potato
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups beef bone broth
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, or to taste
How to Make Slow Cooker Lamb Stew with Butternut Squash and Marsala Wine Recipe
- Season lamb with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, shallot, and a pinch of salt; saute until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add lamb and brown for 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add butternut squash, mushrooms, sweet potato, carrots, and celery; mix ingredients. Add bone broth and Marsala wine; it won’t look like enough liquid but don’t worry. Place rosemary and thyme on top.
- Cover and cook on High for 4 hours. Lift fresh herbs and stir the stew. Replace herbs, cover, and cook on Low until vegetables and lamb are tender, about 2 more hours.
- Remove herbs before serving.
The nutritional content per serving is as follows:
- 251 Calories
- 5g Fat
- 28g Carbs
- 16g Protein
This quick and easy recipe is perfect for parties with friends. Make sure to share this Slow Cooker Lamb Stew with Butternut Squash and Marsala Wine Recipe recipe with your friends and family, so that they can make it at home for their loved ones.
If you enjoyed the Slow Cooker Lamb Stew with Butternut Squash and Marsala Wine Recipe recipe, then make sure to subscribe to our mailing list to get notified when we post exciting new recipes.
You can also check out more fun recipes by Slow Cook Recipe, using the links below.