Slow Cooker Sauerkraut and Sausage
Here’s an old recipe I have used for years. Sauerkraut and pork sausage cooked slowly in a slow cooker. Yummm!
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- cook: 4 hrs
- total: 4 hrs 15 minutes
- Servings: 5
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Sauerkraut and Sausage
- 1 (20 ounce) can sauerkraut
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ pounds ground pork sausage
- 1 onion, sliced
Directions for Slow Cooker Sauerkraut and Sausage
- In a medium bowl, combine the sauerkraut and brown sugar. then place in slow cooker. Arrange the sausage and onion over the sauerkraut.
- Cook on high for two hours, check for dryness, adding some water if necessary, then reduce to low setting, and cook on low for two more hours.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
640 calories; protein 17.2g; carbohydrates 19g; fat 55.1g; cholesterol 92.6mg; sodium 1652.7mg.