Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon
The secret to beef bourguignon? Slow cooking! This is a slow cooker beef bourguignon that tastes delicious after a long, slow simmer. It is even better if you make it ahead and let the flavors meld overnight.
Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon is a popular French dish. It is a stew which is slow cooked for a period of time. It has tender, succulent pieces of beef cooked in red wine. The entire dish tastes amazing and is pretty simple to make.
Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon is a perfect meal to cook on a lazy Sunday evening and serve to your loved ones. All you need is a slow cooker, some beef and vegetables, and you are set to serve delicious and tasty food. In this post, I will lay down some tips on how to make this beef bourguignon slow cooker recipe, what ingredients you need to make slow cooked beef bourguignon, and what you can expect from this recipe.
Summary for Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon
- preparation time: 15 minutes
- cook: 6 hrs 30 minutes
- total: 6 hrs 45 minutes
- Servings: 6
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle red wine
- 6 carrots, chopped into large chunks
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 large bay leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Directions for Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef stew meat and cook until browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Brown beef in batches if necessary, making sure to not overcrowd the pan, otherwise the beef won’t brown. Remove browned beef from the skillet and place in the slow cooker.
- Add onion to the skillet. Cook and stir until softened and beginning to take some color, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer onion to the slow cooker.
- Place skillet back on medium-high heat and pour in half of the wine. Bring the wine to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from heat and carefully pour into the slow cooker along with the remaining wine. Add carrots, thyme, bay leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
Nutritional Details for Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories: 453.1
- % Daily Value *
- protein: 28.9g 58 %
- carbohydrates: 12.6g 4 %
- dietary fiber: 2.4g 10 %
- sugars: 5.2g
- fat: 21.4g 33 %
- saturated fat: 8g 40 %
- cholesterol: 95.1mg 32 %
- vitamin a iu: 10386IU 208 %
- niacin equivalents: 7.8mg 60 %
- vitamin b6: 0.5mg 33 %
- vitamin c: 6.7mg 11 %
- folate: 27.7mcg 7 %
- calcium: 49.2mg 5 %
- iron: 3.7mg 21 %
- magnesium: 50.6mg 18 %
- potassium: 740mg 21 %
- sodium: 150.7mg 6 %
- thiamin: 0.2mg 17 %
- calories from fat: 192.4