Chicken Verde Sandwiches
Chicken is slow-cooked in two sauces, then shredded. Served on rolls with your favorite hot sauce, sour cream, and shredded cheese. YUM! Use your favorite cheese and rolls to customize to your tastes.
The humble sandwich is one of the most common food items that we have which is loved by all. This is because this simple food item is made in a variety of different ways. This recipe gives you the recipe to make a Chicken Verde Sandwich and it’s sure to bring a whole new culinary experience to the term sandwich.
The chicken verde sandwich is delicious and tasty. It makes a great lunch or dinner. It can be a good snack if you are hungry. The chicken verde sandwich is also nice because it doesn’t require too much effort to prepare, and you can always cook extra and store them in the refrigerator for later.
- preparation time: 10 minutes
- cook: 8 hrs
- total: 8 hrs 10 minutes
- Servings: 6
Ingredients for Chicken Verde Sandwiches
- 2 pounds frozen boneless chicken breast
- 10 ounces prepared pizza sauce
- 1 cup salsa verde (such as Herdez)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 6 kaiser rolls
- 6 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces sour cream
- 12 dashes hot sauce, or to taste
Directions for Chicken Verde Sandwiches
- Combine the frozen boneless chicken breast, prepared pizza sauce, and salsa verde in a slow cooker. Cover the cooker, and cook on Low 8 to 10 hours.
- Use 2 forks to pull the chicken meat apart until completely shredded. Stir 1/2 cup sour cream into the chicken mixture. Place the chicken mixture onto the rolls.
- Top each sandwich with 1 ounce shredded Cheddar cheese, 1 ounce sour cream, and 2 dashes hot sauce to serve.
More Recipe Suggestions for you
Recipe Nutritional Value
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories: 522.9
- % Daily Value *
- protein: 42.6g 85 %
- carbohydrates: 30.8g 10 %
- dietary fiber: 1.7g 7 %
- sugars: 3.9g
- fat: 24.2g 37 %
- saturated fat: 13.3g 67 %
- cholesterol: 128.7mg 43 %
- vitamin a iu: 837IU 17 %
- niacin equivalents: 18.6mg 143 %
- vitamin b6: 0.4mg 24 %
- vitamin c: 6.4mg 11 %
- folate: 51.5mcg 13 %
- calcium: 325.7mg 33 %
- iron: 2.7mg 15 %
- magnesium: 48.4mg 17 %
- potassium: 331.9mg 9 %
- sodium: 922mg 37 %
- thiamin: 0.1mg 7 %
- calories from fat: 217.5