5-Hour Oven Beef Stew
How about a hearty, beefy slow cook meal for your soul?
Here, I’m excited to share with you my favorite 5-hour slow cooked oven beef stew recipe. It is a melt-in-your-mouth perfection that is less than 400 calories and satisfies the whole family.
I don’t know about you but I love a hearty, beefy and satisfying meal that I can enjoy now and still save some for later. On busy weeks, I like to just whip up a wholesome meal that will not only last me for days but enough to make for the whole family.
The slow cook oven beef stew is a family classic. You simply can’t go wrong with it even if your family members are picky eaters. So I’ve put my own spin on it with a slow cook method using the traditional oven.
Easy to Prepare
Prepping takes only 30 minutes with only cutting and chopping involved and not much else. Then you stick it into the oven and let it cook for 5 hours. It’s worth the wait, trust me!
The slow cooking ensures that the meat slowly cooks to tenderized perfection. What you’ll get is meat so soft it falls right off the bone and melts in your mouth!
Even the ingredients are simple staples – you may already have them at home now and won’t need to buy anything else. I have made the recipe so simple that you won’t need to step out of the house unless you really need to.
All you need is beef, potatoes, carrots, onions, celery and simple seasonings like garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
Feel free to adjust and add or substitute with other fresh ingredients your family loves – the star of the show is the beef meat!
For the stew, we keep it simple but still satisfying using a classic cream of mushroom base. You can make your own stew base to make it even more low-calorie.
But to save time, I’ve used a regular cream of mushroom mixed with water. You may also use a tomato based soup for this. Add seasonings to taste.
We hope you enjoy this 5-Hour Oven Beef Stew recipe as much as we do.
More Recipe Suggestions for you…
5-Hour Oven Beef Stew Recipe
- 10.5 ounce condensed cream of mushroom soup 1 can
- 5 ounce water
- 1 pound cubed beef stew meat
- 4 pieces medium sized potatoes peeled and cubed
- 4 pieces carrots cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 pieces medium sized onions diced
- 1 cup celery cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pinch garlic powder or to taste
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Combine mushroom soup and water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook and stir until hot, 3 to 4 minutes.
- While soup is cooking, place meat in the bottom of a large casserole pan. Pour hot soup over top and toss to combine.
- Add potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cover casserole dish and cook in the preheated oven until meat is cooked through and tender, about 5 hours.
- Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories: 393.4
- % Daily Value *
- protein: 20.1g 40 %
- carbohydrates: 42.7g 14 %
- dietary fiber: 5.9g 24 %
- sugars: 6.4g
- fat: 16.1g 25 %
- saturated fat: 5.8g 29 %
- cholesterol: 50mg 17 %
- vitamin a iu: 8174.1IU 164 %
- niacin equivalents: 7.5mg 58 %
- vitamin b6: 0.8mg 51 %
- vitamin c: 39.7mg 66 %
- folate: 50.1mcg 13 %
- calcium: 60.6mg 6 %
- iron: 3.7mg 21 %
- magnesium: 64.7mg 23 %
- potassium: 1155mg 32 %
- sodium: 497.5mg 20 %
- thiamin: 0.3mg 28 %
- calories from fat: 144.6