Kashmiri Lamb Recipe
We have a real treat for you today, it’s a really fun recipe by Slow Cook Recipe, today we will be showing you how to make Kashmiri Lamb Recipe.
This recipe has been with me for over 30 years; it was given to me by a Kashmiri guy I shared a house with when I was 17. This is his mum’s family recipe. Kashmir’s cuisine combines the area’s fruits and nuts with the ingredients and the cooking style of the Moghuls. This rich stew makes a marvelous main dish. Serve it with hot steamed rice or crusty breads. This is lovely!
Why We Love It
The Kashmiri Lamb Recipe is one of those classics that never disappoint. If you are looking for something that will leave your guests coming back for seconds, then this recipe is for you!
If you enjoy yummy lamb recipe, then this is the ideal recipe for you to try out for your next meal. Whether you’re serving it as an appetizer or a main course, this dish is sure to make a lasting impression.
We want to hear your thoughts on the Kashmiri Lamb Recipe recipe. Don’t be shy! Make sure to leave a rating for it below. Sharing your review of recipes is a great help to others.
What to do with leftovers?
You can enjoy this recipe for up to 3 days after you make it by storing the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. When you’re ready to eat it again, simply reheat it in the microwave or on the stove.
- Prep Time: 35 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hrs 30 mins
- Total Time: 2 hrs 5 mins
- Servings: 6
- Yield: 6 servings
- 4 dried red chile peppers (such as cayenne)
- 3 long, green fresh chile peppers (such as Indian Jwala)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri garam masala
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup dried unsweetened coconut
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds lamb meat, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ teaspoon saffron threads
- 20 whole blanched almonds
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make Kashmiri Lamb Recipe
- Place red chiles, green chiles, cumin seeds, garam masala, ginger, garlic, grated coconut, and tomatoes into a blender; pulse several times to chop, then blend into a smooth paste.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Stir in onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking and stirring until the onion is very tender and golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Stir the spice paste into the onion and cook and stir until the oil separates from the mixture, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in lamb pieces and salt. Cook, stirring frequently over medium-high heat, until the lamb pieces are browned on all sides, about 8 minutes.
- Mix in yogurt, saffron, and blanched almonds until well combined.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, until the meat is tender and the gravy is thick, about 1 hour.
- Garnish the curry with chopped cilantro before serving.
The nutritional content per serving is as follows:
- 489 Calories
- 35g Fat
- 16g Carbs
- 28g Protein
This recipe is sure to get the approval of your guests. Make sure to share this Kashmiri Lamb Recipe recipe with your friends and family, so that they can make it at home for their loved ones.
If you enjoyed the Kashmiri Lamb Recipe recipe, then make sure to subscribe to our mailing list to get notified when we post perfect new recipes.
You can also check out more fun recipes by Slow Cook Recipe, using the links below.