Dill Pickle Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
Chicken slow-cooked in pickles make the juiciest, most tender chicken around. The pickles are not meant to be eaten and the flavor is very mild, so don’t let the pickles scare you.
Yes, you can cook a whole chicken in a slow cooker. With this recipe and instructions, you can make your own sweet, buttery, fall-off-the-bone tender whole chicken. The chicken is so moist and tasty that you won’t believe it didn’t cook all day in a hot oven.
I have been looking for a way to cook a whole chicken without drying it out. I also wanted an easy clean up. I came up with a solution that I now use when I need to cook a whole chicken. I use my slow cooker with a dill pickle. This recipe doesn’t require cooking overnight so it can be prepared and cooked in the same day. The end result is a tender and juicy meal that never disappoints.
Summary for Dill Pickle Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
- preparation time: 5 minutes
- cook: 4 hrs 10 minutes
- total: 4 hrs 15 minutes
- Servings: 6
Ingredient for Dill Pickle Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 (5 pound) whole chicken, giblets removed
- 1 (16 ounce) jar whole kosher dill pickles, roughly chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Directions for Dill Pickle Slow Cooker Whole Chicken
- Rub poultry seasoning all over chicken. Place chopped pickles in the cavity of the chicken. Pour broth into the slow cooker and add the chicken.
- Cook on High for 4 hours.
- Carefully transfer chicken to a large baking pan. Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler to low. Broil chicken for 10 minutes or until skin has browned.
- Carve chicken and discard carcass. Season with salt and pepper.
More Recipe Suggestions for you
Recipe Nutritional Value
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories: 379
- % Daily Value *
- protein: 54.3g 109 %
- carbohydrates: 4.3g 1 %
- dietary fiber: 1g 4 %
- sugars: 1.4g
- fat: 14.6g 22 %
- saturated fat: 3.9g 20 %
- cholesterol: 161.8mg 54 %
- vitamin a iu: 365.4IU 7 %
- niacin equivalents: 27.3mg 210 %
- vitamin b6: 0.9mg 56 %
- vitamin c: 1.6mg 3 %
- folate: 13.1mcg 3 %
- calcium: 44.6mg 5 %
- iron: 3.4mg 19 %
- magnesium: 55.7mg 20 %
- potassium: 582.8mg 16 %
- sodium: 1531mg 61 %
- thiamin: 0.1mg 15 %
- calories from fat: 131