Air Fryer Sweet and Spicy Roasted Carrots
These tender and roasted carrots cooked in the air fryer can be on your table in less than half an hour. Tossed in a honey-butter sauce and sprinkled with your choice of fresh basil, chives, or just salt and pepper.
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- cook: 20 minutes
- total: 25 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Yield: 2 servings
Ingredients for Air Fryer Sweet and Spicy Roasted Carrots
- 1 serving cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon hot honey (such as Mike’s Hot Honey®)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ pound baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
Directions for Air Fryer Sweet and Spicy Roasted Carrots
- Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray the basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine butter, honey, orange zest, and cardamom in a bowl. Remove 1 tablespoon of the sauce to a separate bowl and set aside. Add carrots to the remaining sauce and toss until all are well coated. Transfer carrots to the air fryer basket.
- Air fry until carrots are roasted and fork tender, tossing every 7 minutes, for 15 to 22 minutes. Mix orange juice with reserved honey-butter sauce. Toss with carrots until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
129 calories; protein 0.9g; carbohydrates 19.3g; fat 6.1g; cholesterol 15.3mg; sodium 206.4mg.