Healthier Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
This easy slow cooker chicken and dumplings recipe cooks while you are at work! We added more veggies and used natural (not condensed) soup to make this recipe healthier.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- cook: 5 hrs 35 minutes
- total: 5 hrs 45 minutes
- Servings: 8
Ingredients for Healthier Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups natural cream of chicken soup
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 10 ounces refrigerated reduced-fat biscuit dough, torn into pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
Directions for Healthier Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
- Place chicken, butter, cream of chicken soup, and onion in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on High for 5 to 6 hours. Stir in carrots after 5 hours of cooking.
- Place torn biscuit dough on top of chicken mixture 30 minutes before serving. Cover and cook until dough is no longer raw in the center, about 25 minutes. Lift edges of biscuits and stir in peas. Let stand until warm before serving.
- This recipe is a healthier version of Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
248 calories; protein 16.2g; carbohydrates 29.3g; fat 7.1g; cholesterol 40.5mg; sodium 758mg.