Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
This Instant Pot beef stroganoff is savory, creamy, and has lots of tender beef! Tastes like it’s been slow-cooking for hours but ready in a little over an hour.
- preparation time: 10 minutes
- cook: 50 minutes
- additional: 15 minutes
- total: 1 hr 15 minutes
- Servings: 8
Ingredient for Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 pounds beef steak, cubed or cut into 1/2-inch to 1-inch strips
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 cups beef broth, divided
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, or more to taste
- 3 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 (24 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, or more as needed (Optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Directions for Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®), select Saute function, and add oil. Add onions to the hot oil and cook until soft and translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove onions to a plate. Add beef to the pot and cook and stir until seared on all sides, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix in garlic and thyme and cook for 1 more minute. Pour in 1 cup beef broth to deglaze the pot, scraping off all the browned bits. Cancel Saute function.
- Mix in cooked onions, remaining 3 cups beef broth, mushrooms, and Worcestershire sauce. Close and lock the lid.
- Select High pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; set timer for 15 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer’s instructions, for 5 minutes.
- Release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Stir in egg noodles and mix to combine.
- Close and lock the lid. Select High pressure according to manufacturer’s instructions; set timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Stir in sour cream.
- To thicken the sauce (if too thin), transfer 1/4 cup broth mixture to a small bowl and mix with cornstarch; add back to pot, stirring slowly until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories: 562.1
- % Daily Value *
- protein: 27g 54 %
- carbohydrates: 49.2g 16 %
- dietary fiber: 2.4g 10 %
- sugars: 2.8g
- fat: 28.7g 44 %
- saturated fat: 14.3g 72 %
- cholesterol: 109.7mg 37 %
- vitamin a iu: 595.6IU 12 %
- niacin equivalents: 14.3mg 110 %
- vitamin b6: 0.5mg 30 %
- vitamin c: 3.6mg 6 %
- folate: 153.1mcg 38 %
- calcium: 147.5mg 15 %
- iron: 4mg 22 %
- magnesium: 60.7mg 22 %
- potassium: 671.1mg 19 %
- sodium: 562mg 23 %
- thiamin: 0.7mg 72 %
- calories from fat: 258.6