Hot and Spicy Habanero Beef Stew
This beef stew is slow-cooked to perfection and full of flavorful spices, habanero peppers, and fresh vegetables. The beef is melt-in-your-mouth tender, and the vegetables are cooked to perfection. The habanero peppers give the stew a nice kick of heat, while the spices give it a deep, rich flavor. This stew is sure to please any palate, and it’s definitely a dish you’ll want to make again and again.
This beef stew is full of flavor, with a kick from the habanero peppers. It’s the perfect dish to warm you up on a cold winter day, but is also great for any time of year. The beef is tender and the vegetables are cooked to perfection. This stew is sure to become a family favorite.
Why We Love It
There are few things in this world as satisfying as a hot and spicy beef stew. The habanero pepper gives the dish an extra kick that is sure to please even the most discerning palate. The beef is cooked to perfection, and the vegetables add a delicious depth of flavor. This dish is perfect for a cold winter night, or any night when you’re in the mood for something hearty and delicious.
If you have leftovers of Hot and Spicy Habanero Beef Stew, there are several things you can do with them. One option is to reheat the leftovers and enjoy them as a second meal. Another option is to add the leftovers to a new dish, such as a soup or stew. You can also freeze the leftovers for future meals.
- preparation time: 20 minutes
- cook: 4 hrs 10 minutes
- total: 4 hrs 30 minutes
- Servings: 8
Ingredients for Hot and Spicy Habanero Beef Stew
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, divided
- 1 pound beef chuck, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers (Optional)
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 tomato – peeled, seeded, and chopped (Optional)
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 habanero pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon caraway seeds
Directions for Hot and Spicy Habanero Beef Stew
Combine flour, paprika, and 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper in a large, resealable plastic bag; shake to mix. Add beef and shake to coat beef in flour mixture. Remove beef from bag and shake to remove any excess flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef in hot oil until browned on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove beef with a slotted spoon to a slow cooker, retaining oil and drippings in the skillet.
- Saute onion in retained drippings until soft and translucent, 5 to 7 minutes; add to beef in slow cooker.
- Stir vegetable broth, potatoes, diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, carrots, tomato, chopped habanero pepper, habanero pepper halves, black pepper, and caraway seeds with the beef and onion in the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 4 hours. Remove and discard the habanero pepper halves before serving.
- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories: 270.4
- % Daily Value *
- protein: 11.5g 23 %
- carbohydrates: 34.2g 11 %
- dietary fiber: 5.7g 23 %
- sugars: 4.5g
- fat: 10.4g 16 %
- saturated fat: 3g 15 %
- cholesterol: 25.7mg 9 %
- vitamin a iu: 4898.2IU 98 %
- niacin equivalents: 5.2mg 40 %
- vitamin b6: 0.6mg 37 %
- vitamin c: 30.5mg 51 %
- folate: 47.7mcg 12 %
- calcium: 54mg 5 %
- iron: 3.3mg 18 %
- magnesium: 47.9mg 17 %
- potassium: 751mg 21 %
- sodium: 406.5mg 16 %
- thiamin: 0.2mg 24 %
- calories from fat: 93.4