Irish Lamb Stew Recipe
It’s time for another exciting recipe by Slow Cook Recipe, today we will be showing you how to make Irish Lamb Stew Recipe.
Irish lamb stew recipe that’s hearty and traditional. It’s best to refrigerate the stew overnight and reheat it the next day for eating. This soup “ages” well!
Why We Love It
The Irish Lamb Stew Recipe is a great choice for your next meal. Prepare using fresh ingredients to achieve maximum flavor. We hope that you enjoy it as much as we did!
If you enjoy exciting lamb recipe, then this is the ideal recipe for you to try out for your next meal. With its tantalizing blend of flavors, this dish is sure to please everyone at the table.
We want to hear your thoughts on the Irish Lamb Stew Recipe recipe. Don’t be shy! Make sure to leave a rating for it below. Sharing your review of recipes is a great help to others.
What to do with leftovers?
If you have any leftovers of this recipe, you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you’re ready to eat it again, simply reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hrs 25 mins
- Total Time: 2 hrs 45 mins
- Servings: 10
- 1 ½ pounds thickly sliced bacon, diced
- 6 pounds boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 2 inch pieces
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup water
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 4 cups diced carrots
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 large onions, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
How to Make Irish Lamb Stew Recipe
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Reserve bacon fat in the skillet.
- Place lamb, flour, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl; toss to coat evenly. Brown lamb in bacon fat in the skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer browned meat into a stockpot, leaving 1/4 cup of fat in the skillet.
- Cook onion and garlic in reserved fat in the skillet over medium heat until onion is golden. Deglaze the skillet with water, then pour onion mixture into the stockpot. Add bacon, beef stock, and sugar to the stockpot. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add carrots, potatoes, onions, wine, thyme, and bay leaves to the stockpot. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
The nutritional content per serving is as follows:
- 672 Calories
- 39g Fat
- 26g Carbs
- 46g Protein
This recipe is sure to get the approval of your guests. Make sure to share this Irish Lamb Stew Recipe recipe with your friends and family, so they can enjoy it too.
If you enjoyed the Irish Lamb Stew Recipe recipe, then make sure to subscribe to our mailing list to get notified when we post delicious new recipes.
You can also check out more inspiring recipes by Slow Cook Recipe, using the links below.