Slow Cooker Chili
This slow cooker chili is packed with beans, veggies, and spices. The crockpot is a great way to make this beefy chili.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- cook: 8 hrs 10 minutes
- total: 8 hrs 25 minutes
- Servings: 8
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Chili
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¾ cup diced onion
- ¾ cup diced celery
- ¾ cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans tomato puree
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans with liquid
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon dried basil
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions for Slow Cooker Chili
- Place beef in a skillet over medium heat and cook until evenly brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain grease.
- Transfer beef to a slow cooker and mix in onion, celery, bell pepper, garlic, tomato puree, kidney beans, and cannellini beans. Season with chili powder, salt, basil, oregano, parsley, black pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
273 calories; protein 18.9g; carbohydrates 33.4g; fat 7.6g; cholesterol 34.4mg; sodium 975mg.