Slow Cooker Kalua Pork Recipe
Slow cooker kalua pork is reminiscent of kalua pig served at Hawaiian luaus. It’s deliciously smoky, salty, tender and only takes three ingredients.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 hrs
- Total Time: 10 hrs 10 minutes
- Servings: 6
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Kalua Pork
- 4 pounds pork shoulder (pork butt)
- 1 tbsp Hawaiian Alaea sea salt
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
Instructions for Slow Cooker Kalua Pork
- Place the pork shoulder in your slow cooker and pierce the top several times with a knife or fork.
- Rub the pork with the sea salt. Then, pour the liquid smoke on top.
- Program your slow cooker for 10 hours on the low setting. You may need a few more hours if your pork shoulder is larger.
- Once the pork shoulder is fully cooked, remove it to a plate and use two forks to shred it. You can also drizzle some of the remaining liquid from the slow cooker on top, to keep the meat moist, then serve immediately.
Calories: 273kcal, Protein: 36g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 123mg, Sodium: 1308mg, Potassium: 629mg, Vitamin A: 10IU, Vitamin C: 1.5mg, Calcium: 26mg, Iron: 2.3mg
Course: Main Meal