Slow Cooker Kalua Pork Recipe
Slow cooker kalua pork is a delicious dish that is reminiscent of kalua pig served at Hawaiian luaus. It is deliciously smoky, salty, and tender, and only takes three ingredients to make. This dish is sure to please any palate, and is a great way to enjoy a taste of the Hawaiian Islands.
Why We Love the Kuala Pork Recipe
There are a lot of reasons to love the kalua pork recipe. For one, it’s incredibly delicious. The combination of the smoky, salty pork with the sweet, sticky glaze is simply irresistible. Plus, it’s easy to make, so even the most novice cook can impress their guests with this dish.
But beyond its taste and ease of preparation, the kalua pork recipe has a lot of cultural significance. Kalua pork is a traditional Hawaiian dish, and making it is a way of connecting with one’s ancestors and the land. When you make kalua pork, you are partaking in a centuries-old tradition that is an essential part of Hawaiian culture.
So next time you’re looking for a delicious and easy recipe to make, remember the kalua pork recipe. And when you make it, take a moment to appreciate the cultural history and significance that this dish represents.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 hrs
- Total Time: 10 hrs 10 minutes
- Servings: 6
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Kalua Pork
- 4 pounds pork shoulder (pork butt)
- 1 tbsp Hawaiian Alaea sea salt
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
Instructions for Slow Cooker Kalua Pork
- Place the pork shoulder in your slow cooker and pierce the top several times with a knife or fork.
- Rub the pork with the sea salt. Then, pour the liquid smoke on top.
- Program your slow cooker for 10 hours on the low setting. You may need a few more hours if your pork shoulder is larger.
- Once the pork shoulder is fully cooked, remove it to a plate and use two forks to shred it. You can also drizzle some of the remaining liquid from the slow cooker on top, to keep the meat moist, then serve immediately.
Calories: 273kcal, Protein: 36g, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 123mg, Sodium: 1308mg, Potassium: 629mg, Vitamin A: 10IU, Vitamin C: 1.5mg, Calcium: 26mg, Iron: 2.3mg
Course: Main Meal