Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Sriracha Mayo
Today we will be making Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Sriracha Mayo. This recipe is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal. The scallops are wrapped in bacon and cooked in the air fryer, then served with a sriracha mayo dipping sauce. The sriracha mayo adds a spicy kick to the dish, while the bacon provides a delicious smoky flavor.
This delicious appetizer is prepared quickly and easily in the air fryer and served with a spicy Sriracha mayo dipping sauce. The perfect blend of savory and spicy, these chicken bites are sure to be a hit at your next party or gathering. Serve them up with some celery sticks and watch them disappear!
I use the smaller bay scallops for this recipe. If you are using jumbo scallops, they will require a longer cooking time and longer strips of bacon. I start by wrapping each scallop in a strip of bacon, securing it with a toothpick. Then, I heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the scallops for about 3 minutes per side, or until the bacon is crispy. Finally, I remove the toothpicks and serve the scallops with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- cook: 20 minutes
- total: 35 minutes
- Servings: 9
- Yield: 36 scallops
Ingredients for Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Sriracha Mayo
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 pound bay scallops (about 36 small scallops)
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- 1 pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- 12 slices bacon, cut into thirds
- 1 serving olive oil cooking spray
Directions for Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Sriracha Mayo
- Mix mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce together in a small bowl. Refrigerate Sriracha mayo until ready to serve.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spread scallops out onto a plate or cutting board and blot dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper. Wrap each scallop with 1/3 slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place bacon-wrapped scallops in the basket in a single layer; split into 2 batches if necessary.
- Cook in the air fryer for 7 minutes. Check for doneness; scallops should be opaque and bacon should be crispy. Cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, if necessary, checking every minute.
- Remove scallops carefully with tongs and place on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil from the bacon. Serve with Sriracha mayo.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
222 calories; protein 17.3g; carbohydrates 3.3g; fat 15.3g; cholesterol 48.5mg; sodium 682.5mg.