- 1 Air Fryer Chicken Katsu with Homemade Katsu Sauce
- 2 Why We Love the Chicken Katsu Air Fryer Recipe
- 3 Summary of Air Fryer Katsu Chicken
- 4 Ingredients for Air Fryer Chicken Katsu
- 5 Cooking Instructions
- 6 Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- 7 Suggested Recipes
Air Fryer Chicken Katsu with Homemade Katsu Sauce
Air-fried chicken katsu that is crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside. The Katsu sauce is both tangy and sweet, but just a little. The Chicken Katsu Sauce is the perfect complement for the chicken. This dish can be served over rice to complete the meal.
Chicken Katsu is a dish that is very popular in Japan and is the Japanese version of fried chicken cutlets. The main difference is that Japanese Katsu is breaded and deep-fried, versus the American version, which is breaded and pan-fried. Here is a simple recipe for this dish that you can make at home with an air fryer.
Why We Love the Chicken Katsu Air Fryer Recipe
Chicken Katsu is delicious and also very comforting to eat on a cold day. When you combine that with how easy it is to make, you are onto a winner. This dish can be cooked in under 20 minutes, which is perfect if you are like me and don’t want to spend hours preparing your meals.
Katsu is a must-try dish for those who love chicken and anyone who likes Japanese food should include this dish in their menu. This chicken katsu air fryer recipe is very easy to prepare and cook. However, to come up with something good and delicious, you have to have the right recipe, ingredients and the right equipment.
I am going to share with you my recipe for it, and I will also tell you the secret of how to make Homemade Katsu Sauce that goes really well with it.
Summary of Air Fryer Katsu Chicken
This recipe is very quick and easy to make. Preparation time for the Air Fryer Katsu Chicken is only 20 minutes and then a further 40 minutes of cooking time.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
- Total: 40 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Yield: 4 servings
Ingredients for Air Fryer Chicken Katsu
Ingredients for Chicken Katsu Sauce:
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Ingredients for the Chicken:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced in half horizontally
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 serving cooking spray
- Whisk ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic together in a bowl until sugar has dissolved. Set katsu sauce aside.
- Preheat an air fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, lay chicken pieces on a clean work surface. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place beaten eggs in a flat dish. Pour bread crumbs into a second flat dish. Dredge chicken pieces in egg and then in bread crumbs. Repeat by dredging chicken in egg and then bread crumbs again, pressing down so that the bread crumbs stick to the chicken.
- Place chicken pieces in the basket of the pre-heated air fryer. Spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray.
- Air fry for 10 minutes. Flip chicken pieces over using a spatula and spray the tops with nonstick cooking spray. Cook for 8 minutes more. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice. Serve with katsu sauce.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
318 calories; protein 32g; carbohydrates 41.2g; fat 6.7g; cholesterol 157.6mg; sodium 1164.4mg.