Air Fryer Coconut Macaroons
Nutty, sweet, and exactly what you expect from a coconut macaroon! The texture is crispy on the outside and somewhat sticky and chewy on the inside. The chocolate adds a nice bitterness that cuts through the sweetness. These are so easy to prepare and would make great gifts, plus, they’re easy to freeze!
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- cook: 55 minutes
- additional: 30 minutes
- total: 1 hr 40 minutes
- Servings: 36
- Yield: 36 macaroons
Ingredients for Air Fryer Coconut Macaroons
- 1 (14 ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut
- ⅔ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
Directions for Air Fryer Coconut Macaroons
- Preheat an air fryer to 320 degrees F (160 degrees C) for 10 minutes. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the air fryer basket, leaving 1 inch on each side to use as handles.
- Mix coconut, condensed milk, salt, and vanilla together in a large bowl.
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl with an electric mixer with a whisk attachment on medium-high speed until stiff peaks almost form, about 90 seconds. Fold egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Working in batches, spoon level tablespoons of the coconut mixture into rounds and place on the parchment paper, about 6 at time. Carefully transfer the parchment with coconut rounds into the air fryer basket.
- Cook until golden brown and set, 9 to 10 minutes. Remove parchment from basket, transfer macaroons to a wire rack, and repeat the process with remaining coconut mixture using the same piece of parchment paper.
- Microwave chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl on high power for 30 seconds, then stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 30 second increments, until melted and smooth, about 90 seconds total.
- Dip flat bottoms of macaroons into melted chocolate and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet to set. Let rest until chocolate firms, about 30 minutes.
These can be bulked up a bit by adding Rice Krispies(R) or fun festive sprinkles.
You could dip the chocolate in crushed pistachios or another nut for a fun spin.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
103 calories; protein 1.2g; carbohydrates 12.3g; fat 5.6g; cholesterol 2.2mg; sodium 78.6mg.